Print Recipe Facebook Pinterest Twitter
Mini pies or fruit tarts made of sweet shortcrust pastry
© danishthings.comMake an easy shortcrust pastry dough for mini pies, fruit tarts and cookies.
- Food processor
- 300 g wheat flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 150 g soft butter
- 1 egg m/l
Sweet shortcrust pastry
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse it until you have a dough.
- Put it cold for a minimum of a ½ hour, or make the dough the day before you need it.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for a minimum of ½ hour. You can make it ahead and leave it overnight.If the dough is too stiff to roll out, let it sit on the counter for a while.(You can roll the dough out before you let it rest.)
- Roll out your shortcrust pastry relatively thinly approx. 2-3 mm (0.08-0.1 inches).
- Cut the shortcrust pastry into circles with a round cookie cutter. Use a cutter 7-9 cm (2.76-3.54 inches) in diameter, with a smooth or wavy edge.Roll out the leftover dough and repeat.
Mini pies and pie shells
- Place each circle in or on the pan, press it down and smooth it out.Place them upside down on a greased muffin pan to form shells - or inside and "blind bake" as usual.
- Place the circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Be careful not to damage the pastry edge if you have a wavy edge.
- Roll out a circle that is a few inches larger in diameter than your pie tin.If you have a large pie tin, roll your pastry on baking paper, it makes the dough easier to move.
- Bake your pie shells or cookies at 180°C fan oven (356°F fan oven or 392°F) for 8 - 20 minutes until golden, depending on size - all ovens are different.
- Let the shells cool completely before use.
- If you bake a pie with a filling, bake it according to the recipe.
The nutrition facts are an estimate based on 12 shells without filling.
Del på Instagram ❤Hvis du bruger mine opskrifter, del billedet med mig @danish.things og mærk fotoet #danishthings
Serving: 1shell | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 332IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg