Raspberry and marzipan crumble tart
We have a lot of raspberries in our garden right now.
I got two “Autumn Bliss” plants from a colleague six years ago – now we have 15+.
Last year we bought some yellow raspberries (birds leave them alone) and the yellow raspberries give pies, cakes, and tarts a nice twist.
We pick about 400g (3.2 US cups) of fresh berries every other day.
If Christian didn’t share the berries with his friends – we would probably get a lot more…
You can go straight to the best quick and easy raspberry tart with marzipan.
Du finder den danske version af nem hindbærtærte her.
Raspberry tart with marzipan
This is an easy recipe for a delicious raspberry tart.
It’s quick if the shortcrust pastry is purchased in advance, or you have a spare shortcrust pastry in the freezer.
If you want to serve an amazing version, use homemade ingredients: a homemade shortcrust pastry and one of the 4 recipes for homemade marzipan.
If you prebake your shortcrust pastry, start with that – and prebake it for 15 min.
Then make the marzipan filling.
If you use homemade marzipan, you can mix it with eggs, sugar and vanilla without letting the marzipan rest in the fridge before use.
If you use store-bought marzipan, grate the marzipan and mix it with the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
You want a thick and almost lump-free mix.
I make a classic oat crumble.
Mix sugar with softened butter and oatmeal.
If you think that you have too much crumble pastry – bake the rest and make some extra crumble, use it on top of puddings and ice cream.
Place the fresh raspberries in your shortcrust base before you carefully pour the marzipan filling on top of the berries, and sprinkle the crumble evenly.
Bake the raspberry tart for 45 minutes – baking time may vary; ovens bake differently.
Serve the raspberry tart with whipped cream, greek yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
We have lovely sweet raspberries, so 50g (0.25 cup) sugar is enough.
If you have tangier berries, you might need more sugar.
You can use other kinds of berries and fruit like blueberries, rhubarbs, blackberries, apples…
Adjust the amount of sugar you add to the sweetness of the fruit.
Quick and easy raspberry tart with marzipan
Redskaber - Equipment
- A mixer
- Springform (or pie tin) 26 cm (10.2 in) in diameter and 7 cm (2.76 in) high
Ingredienser - Ingredients
- 2 eggs m/l
- 50 g sugar - more if the berries are tangy
- 160 g marzipan - good quality
- 5 g vanilla sugar - vanilla seeds from a vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 50 g sugar
- 30 g butter - soft
- 60 g oatmeal - rolled oats/coarse oatmeal
- 1 pie dough - store bought or homemade shortcrust pastry
- 350 g fresh raspberries - red and/or yellow
- Mix the eggs, and the sugar in a mixer add the vanilla. Grate the marzipan and mix it with the eggs. Mix until it is thick and almost lump-free.
- Mix sugar with softened butter and oatmeal – if you think that it is too much for one tart – bake the rest and make some crumble for puddings or ice cream.
- Press the pastry into the bottom of a large springform/pie tin and place the fresh raspberries on top.You can prebake your pastry - check the recipe/package.Pour the marzipan filling carefully on top of the berries. On top of that, sprinkle the crumble evenly.
- Bake the raspberry tart at 150°C fan oven (170°C or 338°F normal oven) for 45 minutes. Baking time may vary, so keep an eye on the pie. It is supposed to be golden – not dark.
- If you want to use homemade shortcrust pastry prebake it for 15 min.
- Our raspberries taste lovely and sweet, so 50g (0.25 cup) sugar is enough. If you buy your berries, they might be tangier, if so you can try 75g (0.375 cups) of sugar.
- You can use other kinds of berries like blueberries or blackberries. Adjust the amount of sugar you add to the sweetness of the fruit.
The nutrition facts are an estimate based on the raspberry tart divided by 8.
Egne notater - private notes
Bruger du US Customary, vær opmærksom på, at opskriften er lavet metrisk, og omregnet via et plugin.
If you use US Customary, remember that the recipe is made using Metric and converted via a plugin.
Tilbage til top
When I reinstalled the recipe plugin, the Pin counter resat – thank you for Pinning again ❤
Back to top
Looks good! mmm. Well worth a try:D . I think I need to get Best Marzipan. Is it a good idea to par bake the pastry shell first of all?
Thank you Elizabeth 🙂
If you use the recipe for shortcrust from my “Mini Pies made of short pastry” I would bake the pastry first.
Let me hear how it turns out 🙂